Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Little Flare Can't Hurt

Ever seen those little blobs of light in a picture you took? Some people claim it's evidence of the paranormal, but in reality it's a lens flare. For a simple explanation on what exactly lens flare is, go here. Some people avoid flare by buying a lens hood for their camera, other people try to do it on purpose because it looks "artistic". I'm not sure I fall into either category at this point, but decided to play around a bit to see if I could conjure up some flare and it worked! Here are a few pictures of successful lens flare. I'm not sure what they're good for, but it was fun playing and kind of exciting to see that it worked!


My good friend, Lindsay, posing for me to catch some flare!


Finger Flare! Pointer finger, mind you... not the middle one.

Just in case anyone wants to try this for themselves, The Pioneer Woman has a really great tutorial here that you can check out! I'm going to play around with this some more to see what kinds of "paranormal beings" I can manifest in my photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment