Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Change is Gonna to Come

When every laugh and every smile is just a little sweeter....

When every tear is just a little bit more sad.....

When waking up to help them fall back asleep is equal parts chore and moment to remember....

When falling asleep myself is made difficult as memories and checklists swirl about my head....

...and savoring each moment becomes a daily aspiration....

.... that's life reminding me that change is coming.  Beautiful, amazing change.

I can't wait.  And I can.  This is the part when I have to try to focus on now instead of wandering ahead in my mind.  I have the rest of my life to know how everything unfolds with Quincy and what she looks like.  But we will only be "the four of us" for a short while more.

I remember when it was only "the three of us" and I would fight the urge to run and hold Lawson while he slept and I was laying in bed worrying about how his new sister would affect his life.  I'm not so much worried this time, but I do have a better idea of what to expect.  And I expect that it will fly by.

So, I'm holding on to the little things each day.

Because really, the change has already begun.


And maybe what all of that really means... is that I'm letting go.


SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment