Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Apple Pear Sauce

I'm on a total pear kick right now! We've been eating them a lot and I've even been dressing Naomi in them. So, I thought it only appropriate to add them into our applesauce. It turned out delicious and Naomi has been woofing it down! I love running across easy new ways to please the mouths and bellies around here, so I thought I'd share the love in case there are some small mouths looking to be fed. Although, I must admit, I ate about as much of it as she did!



APPLE PEAR SAUCE

3 organic red apples
1 organic red anjou pear
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 pinch clove
4 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
4 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Wheatgerm
1 Tbsp water

Wash, slice and core the apples and pears. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan with the lid on at med-low. Let simmer and stir often until mushy and cooked through (half hour to 45 minutes). Transfer to the Vita-Mix or food processor and puree. You can strain out any chunks if you want, or leave them for a more textured sauce. Can be stored in the fridge for up to three weeks or frozen for later, if you cook in bulk for baby! ENJOY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment