Monday, December 7, 2009

Gyuck

How do you make a two year old boy fall in love with something? You make sure it has wheels. Even better if it's brightly colored with movable parts! Probably really great if it makes noise, too, but I do not do toys that make noise. Musical instruments; fine. Battery operated torture toys; not so much. Kids make enough noise on their own and I would like to maintain my sanity. Santa, are you listening? No noise making toys! Alright, stepping off my soapbox.

So, anyway, Lawson is in love with trucks, trains and planes and I love these pictures from our adventures into the Arctic (aka: the backyard) because they are SO him right now. He has his favorite truck ("gyuck") and even his zipper and hat have trucks. There was much discussion that day of "gyucks," rolling wheels, dirt and the weather. "BRRRRR!" he'd say! It was cold, but we had a good time and I really love the last picture. That may be one for the wall in his room.







2 comments:

  1. What is this? What do I see in this grass? Let me slowly bend down and touch that grass. This yellow truck in my hands that I've forgotten about just happens to stay perfectly displayed for the camera. There's a matching truck in the same position on my zipper you say? Oh, I hadn't noticed. Boy I'm good.

    ReplyDelete