Friday, October 9, 2009

Comforts


There is a crispness to the air as I wake up each morning to find myself deeper into the fall season. Halloween is around the corner and leaves are beginning to crunch beneath little feet shoved inside colorful boots. I love this time of year as the coats rotate back into the closet and smoke starts billowing out of chimneys. Something about this season draws me to life's "comforts". Crackling fires, warm cups of coffee in my favorite mug, roasts in the crock pot, and snuggling under a blanket together on the couch. This fall will bring all sorts of changes around our home. We'll be moving back upstairs to enjoy our newly finished wood floors that Dustin has been working so hard on, for one. But that leads me to number two, which is that by "we" I mean Lawson, Naomi and I. Dustin leaves on Tuesday for his final detachment with VQ-2. It's always hard to say goodbye and this is no exception. We'll have to enjoy the finished floors and playing in leaves and drinking coffee under a blanket to the tune of a crackling fire all by ourselves. Seasons bring change and so does being in the Navy. Luckily, this is our last detachment this tour and the next few years will be sans detachments!

So, while I'm not looking forward to the "big bye bye", as we explain it to Lawson, I am looking forward to all the fun this fall has in store for the kids and I. And I'm looking forward to the end of our final detachment! No more goodbyes sounds pretty good!!!

1 comment: