Thursday, August 20, 2009

This Ain't No Berry White


This is all about Berry Black! Blackberries are popping up all over on the edge of our property and today seemed a perfect day to stain our hands and put them in a bucket!!! In 20 minutes flat, I'd filled our bucket (with a little help from Lawson, who happily tested as many berries for quality assurance as I'd allow). And the best part is, there are loads more to be picked! Which means, many more sunny mornings filled with black stained teeth, faces and hands all in the name of a berry yummy treat!!! Just one more reason I love summers in the NW.


Less than thrilled to have his picture taken. It was time to pick blackberries!!!


And he's off!!!


Tasting the fruits of our labor! I missed the smile he cracked right after as he was zooming around the yard going, "MMMMmmmmm!"


Blackberries, blackberries and more blackberries!!!


Now, which yummy treat should I make with them?

1 comment:

  1. I need to check behind my fence for blackberries. Looks like you don't need to "make" anything. Just eat those blackberries straight.

    ReplyDelete