Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby Sharp Tooth


I'd like to introduce you to my baby sharp tooth.  She went for her first visit to the dentist a few days ago.  Her very sweet dentist made fast friends with her and even got permission to take a look at her "pretty princess teeth" with her "neat barbie mirror."  All went well until the mirror got close to her face and she freaked out and tried to sink her vampire tooth into it.  So, on August 3rd when it's time to put a composite filling on her tooth, she will go into the "quiet room" to wear the "caterpillar blanket."  Basically, she'll be in a heavily insulated room where no one will hear her scream in a straight jacket as they fix her broken tooth.  I'll be right there by her side reminding her of all the ice cream she gets when it's all over.  I could handle the broken bottom tooth, but Team Vanity wins this time and her straw compartment is only sticking around for another 10 days or so.





SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. Haha this kills me. Baby Sharp Tooth. That little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek! Is there not another pediatric dentist around? My children's dentist would use some nitrous to relax her so she wouldn't even need the cocoon. I hope this experience doesn't turn her off to the dentist forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I'd actually prefer no nitrous for her. She's barely two. They make the composite filling in a mold and it's literally just a minute or two in her mouth while they bond it, so for something so quick, it's my preference that they just get in and get out to avoid the use of drugs. If it were a longer procedure, I would totally request nitrous though! : )

    ReplyDelete