Monday, February 28, 2011

Old Becomes Poof

I'd like to share with you Dustin's old shirt.



It is now three big white poofs to hang over Quincy's bed.  Lawson said daddy might cry when he saw me cutting his t-shirt into strips, but I assured him that daddy had intended for his shirt to go to Goodwill and that he'd probably just think it was a really weird thing to do.  And maybe it is, but I was inspired by this great tutorial at Craftaholic's Anonymous (a bottomless source for really cool ideas!) and it took all of about 20 minutes.  Mine don't look quite as poofy and perfect as theirs, but they are still fun and a big hit with the kids!




Now, I just need the bed to hang it over.  That's being taken care of, though.  Dustin's been working hard to build a stand with shelves for the Lalapanzi bed to go next to our bed.  It just needs a few coats of white paint, the wheels on the bottom and the brown leather baskets inside the shelves.  Oh, and the baby.... but that will all come together sooner than I'm prepared for, I think!



SIGNATURE

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? I just realized...you are mom. Everything you touch turns into Martha Stewart gold. LOVE the poofs.

    ReplyDelete