Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Girl and I


When the boys are away, the girls will play!  Yesterday evening while Lawson was enjoying an overnight trip to grandma and grandpa's, I got to spend a quiet, happy evening with Naomi.  A bit of a head cold was still suppressing her mood, but we had a really nice time dancing in the living room, playing pat-a-cake and dizzying ourselves with Ring Around the Rosy.  There aren't many opportunities for she and I to have some uninterrupted time together, so when we do, I cherish them.  With any luck, I can squeeze in some special time with Lawson soon, too!  That's even more rare these days.  He is an independent little guy, which is so apparent to me as I notice he is in fewer and fewer photographs.  Capturing a three year old boy on a constant mission is difficult to do!  I'm glad he's growing up with enough confidence to say "Bye mom!  You stay here!" and enjoy himself without having to hold me hand, though.  It's an absolute joy to watch him find himself.  I'd be lying if I didn't mention that it's also an absolute joy to listen to the quiet he leaves in his wake!  He had a wonderful time riding tractors and playing at grandma and grandpa's and both he and Naomi are really excited to play with each other today!  And as much as I enjoyed having my girl all to myself with the volume down a few notches, the happy noise of those two playing together is much, much better!

SIGNATURE

1 comment:

  1. How sweet to get some one-on-one time in!!!!! I can't imagine trying to juggle two little people with one on the way, you are an amazing mother~ such a blessing to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete