Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fort Hood

Unspeakable. What happened at Fort Hood today is unspeakable. A soldier shooting up his very own army's base is like someone shooting their own family. It is sick and wrong and disturbing on every level. He robbed families of their loved ones, who've made it to Iraq and back only to be killed be one of their own. He also robbed military families the comfort of feeling safe in their on base housing and going about their business while on post. Someone's daddy went off to work today and didn't return home because some loser turned on himself, his comrades and his country.

This country has been divided by war. Should we have gone? Should we have moved on and let a it go? I don't have the answers, but I do know that our troops did not need to have any more people discouraged from supporting them. I'm saddened and horrified and my heart goes out to the families of those who were killed, those who were wounded and those who witnessed this horrible act. If you pray, send one out for them. If you don't pray, keep them in your thoughts. That could have been Dustin that didn't come home from work and the thought makes me want to say some pretty mean things about that man. I hope he has to sit in a cell in a military prison for the rest of his life.

3 comments:

  1. I know this has probably hit you guys pretty hard, considering Dustin's job and all. And, I completely agree. I can't figure out where people get off thinking they have the right to hurt or kill others. Not just this guy but anyone who would hurt or kill others is self centered and has no compassion for their fellow man. May we all pray for the victims and families, and for the safety of all mankind, no matter where they are. It's like I always say, when people start caring more about others than themselves, the real problems in this world can be fixed and we can begin to heal all mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could have been sabe not coming home too. He graduated his privates yesterday too! I'm glad he didn't die. He needs to suffer the consequences. My heart aches for all the families

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible and scary. I'll pray for those family's. I hope that person has to suffer some heavy consequences! Dustin is alway's in my prayers when he is away from home. I guess he needs to be in my prayers when he is home as well.

    ReplyDelete