Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Pressure is On

The twice-weekly appointments began today at 33 weeks. It all started with an ultrasound, which showed that Naomi is growing. A lot. I could have told them that! She jumped percentiles again. In two weeks she has gone from the 80th to the 87th percentile with an estimated weight of 4lb 11 oz. She is 2 oz shy of Lawson's birth weight! I realize that ultrasounds can be up to a lb off in either direction, so let's hope she's erring on the side of SMALLER and not BIGGER! I then got weighed, which is extra special when you've just consumed a burrito that certainly weighed 2lbs. And then we took my blood pressure. And then we took it again. And then my chart was checked. Ugh. It wasn't a shock, after all that checking a rechecking, when the nurse told me that my blood pressure was up. I can't remember the exact numbers but it was 140something over 90something. Not cool. SO, I'm still optimistic, but I have lots of time to turn pessimistic in boredom as I "lay flat on my back as much as I possibly can" (dr's words). Basically, I'm on modified bed rest.

I can't say that I'm terribly sad about laying around for the moment. I have had a hard time sleeping this week and am exhausted constantly, so it's nice to ignore the toys that need picking up due to doctor's orders. I know myself, though, and I've been known to go on cleaning frenzies even during tired days. It will get to me quickly. I will want to get up and organize and clean. Thank goodness, my mom is a clean-freak and keeps the place pretty spotless, so that will help my cleaning urges immensly!

For now, I'm really hoping to make it to June 1, so Dustin is back home and can be here for the birth. I also am really hopeful that I go into labor on my own before my blood pressure gets high enough that she needs to come out. They can't induce me because of my previous c-section, so if I don't go into labor spontaniously, it'll be a c-section. Babies are truly the biggest excercise in patience! I want to know how and when this baby will enter this world! I guess I'll just have to wait. Flat on my back.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you and baby Naomi! May June 1st come really really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are having to take it easy, although maybe that is a good thing! :) I hope time flies, Dustin is home before you know it, and you're a happy little family of four! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete