Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Check, Check and Check.

So much to do, so little time!!! It seems that the last few weeks before deployment are always a bit stressful. There are so many loose ends to tie up before the big goodbye and days seem to end sooner than it feels like they should. I have resorted to making daily lists. I love making lists. They calm me down and make me feel organized. Somehow, the act of checking things off, gives me tangible proof that something has been accomplished and gives me the motivation to keep on checking things off. It also keeps me from getting distracted, which has been known to happen on occasion. So, to give a little sampling of what we have ahead of us these next 10 days or so, here's a household list:

  • Finish plumbing for the toilet
  • Tile, grout and seal kitchen and bathroom.
  • Get cabinets installed
  • Install new range
  • Get new dishwasher and microhood installed
  • Install new cabinets in bathrooms
  • Replace granite countertops
  • Set up hold-mail service
  • Cancel cable
  • Get lawn service
  • Get GIANT pile of old carpet, flooring and cabinets out of back yard (if we're lucky)
  • Pack.
  • Gather all the items I foresee needing for the first few weeks after Naomi arrives
  • Back up all my music and photos
  • Get house SPOTLESS for when we come back
  • Oh, yeah... and squeeze in a bit of family time!

I'm trying not to get overwhelmed by all of this. Really, Dustin is the one who has to do most of it. There's not a whole lot of help from my end between being pregnant and having a toddler. So, he gets to come home from work every day to... work! Hopefully, within a few weeks of getting back, we'll actually have this done once and for all. Then, we can move on to renovating the downstairs. Or a break. A break would be nice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment