Saturday, November 15, 2008

All Wrapped Up in the Holidays


I'll admit it. I am completely wrapped up in the holidays this year! I already have every present checked off my list and wrapped. I have been told by several well-meaning people, that this is disgusting. Maybe it is, but I am so thrilled! I actually have time this year to decorate, bake and enjoy the holidays instead of doing lots of hectic last-minute shopping trips. There will be no frantic searching for tape and scissors to wrap a present in the car this year. I hadn't planned on finishing quite so quickly, but Lawson took a really long nap yesterday and made it all possible. I turned on my Christmas tunes (by the way, TOTALLY in love with The Hotel Cafe Presents Wintersongs!), lit a few candles, warmed up some apple cider and enjoyed a candy cane. Before I knew it, a stack of presents was gleaming at me from the corner of the room. It's feeling pretty darn good!!! And besides the presents, knowing that this year my husband will be here to share in the festivities just gears me up that much more! Lawson is old enough to understand the presents and fall in love with the music, lights and holiday treats that I remember looking forward to each year. I've always loved Christmas, but spending the holidays without Dustin last year solidified that it truly is the people you love who bring the spirit to the season. There is nothing like curling up on the couch with a steaming cup of hot chocolate to gaze at the Christmas tree and let the familiar songs of Christmas take you back. Bring on the holidays!!!

While on the topic of Christmas presents, I just have to share one of the toys I found for Lawson. I was so excited when I ran across these. They are by a company called Sprig Toys and made of all recycled and natural products. The best part is, they are child powered! Meaning, no batteries! There are several guides that go with the vehicles and each takes you on a different tour. You just sit the guide in the drivers seat and as the toy is pushed, you go on a safari in africa, or a trek up a snowy mountain. There is music and animal sounds, the guide tells you what you are "seeing" and his little hat even lights up. Luckily, you can also turn the sound or lights off. They also have a line of trucks that follow the same concept of being battery free but electronically capable. When manipulated, the dump truck will "dump" on it's own, for instance. They are made so well and are just a little different than your run-of-the-mill plastic truck. I'm a huge fan and can't wait for him to open it up! Which makes me wonder, do we really buy toys for our kids, or do we buy them for ourselves??? hmmm.



On another note, I have made it to my ninth week of pregnancy pretty smoothly. I'm still a little sleepier than normal, but I found I wasn't nearly as exhausted this time around as I was with Lawson. There was a week or two of constant nausea, but I found it fairly manageable and it has all but passed. Unfortunately, I am now in a mode of constant grazing, for if I allow my stomach to reach empty, I start gagging and dry heaving, much to the dismay of those around me. Lovely, I know.

I was lucky enough to get an early ultrasound at my first appt. Little Boss is doing well, with a heartbeat of 146 beats per minute. There wasn't much to see, as the baby only measured a little over a cm at the time, but we're right on schedule and looking good and that is all I could ask for. Well, maybe I could ask that my stomach quits expanding so quickly....

0 comments:

Post a Comment