Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's a Great Day to Be Alive

When your day begins with waking up to a cuddly, smiley little kiss-monster, you know it's going to be good. When you pull back the blinds and the sun pours into the room, it just gets better. When you actually get to enjoy your coffee while it's still hot, you know you must be dreaming. But, alas, I was not. I had a wonderful, ordinary day at home. Lawson was on very good behavior, which helped immensely, but there was just something in the air that put us both in very happy moods. We had music playing all day, except for when I played the piano for Lawson and he be-bopped away hanging onto the bench, and that set a tone for having fun! While organizing some files on the computer today, I started hearing Lawson across the room going "mmmmmmm". Well, I turned to see what he was up to and this picture is what I saw. He LOVES his sock monkey from Grandy (my dad, who's name is Randy...)!!!

Such a little love bug!!!

Eventually, I made it around to giving Lawson a bath (in the sink, of course) and that ended up being 45 minutes of splish-splash delight! He was having a blast turning the water on and off, trying to figure out how the plumbing worked, splashing the water onto the floor and peeking out the window at the "kee-ka" (kitty cat). I felt bad taking him out when I did because he was still having so much fun, but visions of diapering a prune after I toweled him off were starting to play in my head.




And before a diaper could be wrangled on his little cowboy behind, he was riding his cow, seriously bare back!!!

Naked Cowboy

He actually ended up staying diaperless for quite a while, as we're working on using the potty now. He's gone every day in the potty at least once. Today was no exception, although he did end up going on my lap once. Hmmm. Eventually, dad came home and Lawson was thrilled, as always. He loves climbing up on Dustin's lap when he gets home to give him hugs and kisses and check out all his cool patches and pins.


We wound down the evening with a little piano playing...

And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, it did! Just after peeing in the potty for the third time today, Lawson took 5 steps in a row, then 6 steps in a row!!!! I was over the moon! He wanted to take a closer look at a book I was holding out for him to see and I don't even think he thought about it. He just went for it, like he's known how all along! I'm so proud of my little man!

As I type this, Dustin is adding the final two rows of tile in the shower, which is adding to the joy of the day. By the weekend, I should finally have my shower back and Lawson can start bathing in the bath like he used to. I'll post pictures as soon as it is done. I must say, he's done a really good job. Really good. I think when the whole bathroom is done, it will look fantastic! Go, Dustin! So, now it's off to bed and I can only hope that tomorrow goes as great as today has!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment